Leisure activities in and around Dornoch
Dornoch Caravan and Camping Park is an ideal location for an active holiday in the Highlands with a large variety of sports and leisure activities available close by.
The following are examples but the area is by no means restricted to these:
- Award winning beaches.
Dornoch beach is an officially designated E.C. Bathing Beach - read more here.
- Bird watching.
See the East Sutherland Bird Group website for more info.
- Cycling in Sutherland offers lots of opportunities. Read about them here.
- Golf - a selection of world calss courses.
Next door to us is the famour Royal Dornoch Golf Course. There are many more - the area is peppered with excellent courses at short distance.
- Walking - hill, countryside or seaside:
Walk Highlands has lots of info for you.
- Fishing - we're spoilt for choice!
Fishing info here.
- Wildlife - to numerous to list:
In the hills and lochs, sealife next to us in the Dornoch Firth, country animals, birds, butterflies etc. It's all here!
- Recreational Sports such as Tennis, Squash and Bowling.
- Swimming and bathing: In the sea - we have miles of clean sandy beaches here, or community baths at Tain or Golspie
... and a whole lot more!